- Nursing and clinical care with complete on-site professional nursing care is available 24/7. We care for and treat a variety of conditions, including the many stages of dementia and chronic illnesses.
- We provide comprehensive prescription management and medication administration.
- We develop detailed and documented care plans for each resident and take a team approach to help ensure their daily needs are met.
- Each resident benefits from having a consistent personal care team who is responsible for helping with daily living essentials such as hygiene, dressing, toileting, eating, mobility and bedtime routines.
- All staff members are fully qualified according to provincial requirements and undergo comprehensive training to ensure they know all policies, standards and best practices of Rosedale Home.
Upon admission, each resident is provided with physician care. Families may arrange to meet with the physician. Please inform the nurse in charge to arrange a meeting.
The nursing care is provided by a team, which consists of Registered Nurses, Licensed Practical Nurses and Continuing Care Assistants. Each unit is supervised by a Registered Staff person who coordinates a comprehensive assessment of the resident’s needs, abilities and wishes. The assessment brings together the input of the other caregivers, such as Physicians, Occupational Therapists, Physiotherapist, Dietician, & Recreation Coordinators. A plan of care is then devised and evaluates the resident’s progress.
All medications must be obtained from the pharmacy contracted by the nursing home to provide this service. Medications are ordered for residents by the attending physician and administered by the Registered Nurse/Licensed Practical Nurses. No medication can be brought in and given to the resident by anyone other than the above-mentioned staff.
Medications are reviewed by the physician, nurse and pharmacist every six months or as required.
The Nursing home will supply basic stock drugs to be used on an occasional basis. This includes – Acetaminophen, Maalox, Gravol, Milk of Magnesia, and Abenol Suppositories